What is wxEuphoria
wxEuphoria is an implementation of wxWidgets (by Julian Smart, et. al.) for the Euphoria Programming Language. The wxWidgets library is compiled into a DLL or SO, and is linked to by Euphoria code, allowing cross platform development for Euphoria.
- April 25, 2013
- wxIDE v0.8.2 released.
- April 19, 2013
- wxIDE v0.8.1 released.
- April 15, 2013
- wxIDE v0.8.0 released.
- September 21, 2011
- New bleeding edge package for windows released. Uses MinGW instead of OpenWatcom.
- June 20, 2011
- Version 0.16.0 released. New wrappers.
- May 13, 2011
- Version 0.15.0 released, including a 64-bit Linux version.
- December 20, 2010
- Version 0.14.0 released. This version requires Euphoria v4.0
- June 13, 2009
- Version 0.13.0.alpha-1 released. This is meant to be a bleeding edge version that is compatible with both euphoria v3.1 and v4.0.
It was developed and tested with the unreleased version of euphoria v4.0, specifically svn revision 2156. Go here if you want an updated euphoria v4.0 binary. Note that currently, wxEuphoria still uses the v3.1 standard library.
- February 17, 2009
- Version 0.12.2 released.
- February 2, 2009:
- wxIDE v0.5.0 has been released. Uses Euphoria 4.0. Also some enhancements to the editor.
- January 9, 2009
- Version 0.12.1 released.
- December 16, 2008:
- Almost one year later, 0.12.0 is out of beta. Download the new release.
- January 16, 2008:
- v0.12.0.beta.1 has been released. Some additional functionality and bugfixes over previous beta.
- December 29, 2007:
- v0.12.0.beta.0 has been released. Better unicode support, new functionality.
- October 28, 2007:
- v0.11.0 has been released. wxEuphoria now uses Unicode. Lots of new functionality wrapped, too.
- May 13, 2007:
- v0.10.0 has been released. Several memory leaks were fixed. The windows dll has the Watcom C++ runtime libraries statically linked. Some documentation was updated from the beta release.
- April 2, 2007:
- v0.10.0-beta has been released. FreeBSD is now supported. Binaries for Win32, FreeBSD6.2, Ubuntu-6.10 and Fedora Core 6 are provided. FreeBSD and Linux distributions require wxWidgets 2.8 to already be installed (or built and installed from source). The Win32 download contains both a wxWidgets dll and a wxEuphoria dll.
- March 18, 2007:
- The wxEuphoria code has been reorganized and updated to take advantage of the latest wxWidgets release (2.8.2). More of the code has been moved into a C++ wrapper. An alpha release of v0.10.0 is now available. It should make it easier to support more modern linux distributions, and easier to wrap additional functionality.
- October 10, 2006:
- The wxIDE and modified wxWidgets source code have been added to the wxEuphoria Subversion repository.
- October 6, 2006:
- wxEuphoria v0.9.1 has been released. Here's the change log:
- Removed some code that was left over from debugging (thanks to Jason Gade)
- Added move() to allow changing the position of windows
- Added several wxTextCtrl routines (thanks to Gbadebo Oladosu)
- Added get_red, get_green and get_blue to get the color components of a wxColour
- December 30, 2005:
- wxEuphoria v0.9.0 has been released. There's not a : whole lot that's new. The main thing is the ability to create custom mouse cursors. : Some changes made to be compatible with embedded ooeu, as well.
- December 28, 2005
- wxEuphoria v0.8.1 has been released.
wxIDE v0.4.2 has been released.
OOEU v1.8.0 has been released. This release introduces several powerful features. OOEU can now be used as an embedded scripting language within Euphoria applications, either as source or as a dynamic/shared library. It also allows pass by reference, and an improved interactive debugger.
- December 5, 2005
- A new wxEuphoria application, Diet Monger Ass Kicker, has been added to the apps page. Also, wxEDB v1.27.1 and wxIDE v0.4.1 have been released.
- September 5, 2005
- wxEuphoria v0.8.0 and wxIDE v0.4.0 have been released.
- August 14, 2005
- OOEU v1.7.0 has been <a href="http://wxeuphoria.sourceforge.net/apps.htm">released</a>. New features include a 'goto' statement and constructors for classes.
- June 6, 2005
- Release early, release often. wxEuphoria v0.7.2 has been released. It fixes a couple of bugs in the Linux version of wxEuphoria. The v0.7.2 source is just a patch for v0.7.0. Here's the change log.
- June 5, 2005
- wxIDE v0.3.1 has been released.
- June 3, 2005
- wxIDE v0.3.0 has been released. The GUI editor is now functional.
- June 1, 2005
- wxEuphoria v0.7.1 has been released. It fixes a couple of bugs in the Linux version of wxEuphoria. You'll need to download a new .so file, and the v0.7.1 source is just a patch for v0.7.0.
- May 21, 2005
- wxEuphoria v0.7.0 has been released.
- April 21, 2005
- OOEU has been added to the Apps page. It's a modified Euphoria interpreter that uses wxEuphoria for interactive debugging.
- April 20, 2005
- wxEuphoria v0.6.0 has been released! See the download page to get it.
- March 16, 2005
- wxIDE and wxEDB are now hosted on this site. Versions 0.2.1 and 1.27.0 have been released, respectively. See the apps page to download.
- March 15, 2005
- wxEuphoria v0.5.0 has been released!
- December 29, 2004
- wxEuphoria v0.4.0 has been released! You must have wxEuphoria v0.3.0 installed before you download v0.4.0, as not all files are included. This release did not alter most of the files, and does not require downloading a new binary of the shared library.
- November 15, 2004
- wxEuphoria v0.3.0 has finally been released!
- May 24, 2004
- wxEuphoria v0.3.0 alpha for Windows is now on the bleeding edge page! Lot's of new classes have been implemented. Also included in the alpha release are wxIDE and Euphoria Database Browser. This has been sitting on my machine for a while, while I've been too busy to port everything to Linux. I hope to get to that soon...
- March 24, 2004
- wxEuphoria v0.2.0 is released! Lot's of new classes have been implemented. See the change log for details. I've also released two other applications (an editor and a wxEuphoria port of my Euphoria Database Browser) and put them up on the apps page.
- March 16, 2004
- Still working on v0.2.0. It's coming along fairly nicely, although I'm having some difficulty getting the GTK clipboard to work. Once I get that done, I should be just about ready to release.
- March 7, 2004
- No new release yet, but I'm working hard on v0.2.0, and hope to have it out soon. I'm pretty happy with the Windows side of things, but Linux is giving my trouble. I finally got it to rebuild (with all the new stuff I added) but now Euphoria can't seem to import anything from the shared library. Here's a quick sneak peek at some of what I'm adding to the library: sizers, toolbars, notebooks (tab control), clipboard (text only for now), improved function/member calling, plus an updated version of the IDE that I started before (probably released separately from the library).
- February 20, 2004
- Finally! A new release (v0.1.0). v0.1.0 uses wxWidgets 2.4.2. Prebuilt binaries built using gcc 3.2 and Borland 5.5 (free version) are supplied, along with instructions on how to build the shared libararies yourself using these compilers. There are not currently as many classes wrapped, but that should be remedied soon, and I've also supplied some tools to help other people add to wxEuphoria. There aren't very many classes wrapped yet, but that should change fairly quickly.
- April 27, 2003
- Releasing the current Linux/GTK port. This is very rough, and very little actually works. In fact, I can't create any controls yet. I can create frames and draw on them, but that's about it. The Linux source is not compatible with the windows files. I expect this to be true for a while until I get a good handle on the Linux port and can rewrite a bunch of stuff in the windows version.
- April 22, 2003
- Linux GTK port (unreleased) creates frames, but not much else. There's a lot of work to be done to get the Linux and Windows wrappers to match. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some of the demos working soon, and can put out a GTK release.
- March 28, 2003
- Windows DLL and [bleeding edge] source released. I'm using wxWidgets version 2.2.9. I tried 2.4.0, but had many problems getting anything to work. There were lots of weird stack overflows, and other strange errors that didn't seem worth tackling, since 2.2.9 seems to work fine.
The best place to get wxEuphoria support is on the
. You can also email me
Last updated: 2013-04-25 13:37 UTC